A head spinning tale of interrogation during the early days of the Global War on Terror kicks off Season 2 of “The David Johnson Show” - The Veteran Talk Show.
Strap yourself in for this amazing debut episode of Season 2. It’s the unclassified story of the manhunt for Saddam Hussein as told by lead interrogator Eric Maddox, a U.S. Army Veteran who spent 6 months serving in Baghdad interrogating members of Saddam Hussein’s inner circle.
In this episode, Eric shares the stories, challenges, and the process of how his team gathered all the key intel that led to Saddam Hussein’s eventual capture. He eventually shared his story about his experiences in Baghdad in his book “Mission: Blacklist #1”.
About guest Eric Maddox
Eric Maddox joined the Army in 1994, spent three years as an infantry paratrooper (82nd Airborne Division), later joined the military’s Defense Language Institute, studying Chinese/Mandarin, and eventually got trained as an intelligence collection officer. In 2003, the Iraq war starts and Eric instead gets sent to a new mission in Baghdad.
Over the next year, Eric became an interrogator in Iraq, working with a Delta Force team on raids. There were already dozens of Iraqi prisoners. It was Eric’s job to make prisoners of war talk. He used his training and his techniques to help shape the future intelligence collection for the military and civilians around the world.
Since 9/11, Eric conducted over 2,700 interrogations while deployed eight times in support of the Global War On Terrorism, to include multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, South America, Southeast Asia, and Europe. During this period, he conducted over 300 interrogations and collected the intelligence which directly led to the capture of Saddam Hussein in 2003, while assigned to the Joint Special Operations Task Force during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
It’s a tremendous story that underscores the foundation of Eric’s current life as an author, consultant, motivational speaker, and interrogator. Learn more at https://ericmaddox.com/.
If you missed any of our Season 1 episodes of The David Johnson Show check out our blog or YouTube channel:
- Episode 1: US Army Veteran Keith Caraway – The Cost of Being Hooah – https://youtu.be/HUIaJCw2Q98
- Episode 2: US Navy SEAL Veteran Craig “Sawman” Sawyer – The Chapters in Your Life – https://youtu.be/8oDzws7AR2Y
- Episode 3: Navy SEAL Retired Jon Fussell Talks Fear, Stepping It Up and Leadership https://youtu.be/DPKTfjTFc3E
- Episode 4: S.C.A.R.S. The Science Behind Combat and Eliminating Fear – https://youtu.be/QuMgfBQxmbo
- Episode 5: Veteran Employment: An Employers Perspective – Jay Sheehan – https://youtu.be/vk13e4XRqTI
- Episode 6: Athena Ives – A Marines Story of Resilience and Hope – https://youtu.be/0Rlg5FoVs14
- Episode 7: The Veteran Influence – Building Your Brand Online – Ep. 7 with Matt O’Brien of MINT Social https://youtu.be/JBNkhKcGLzE
- Episode 8: Entrepreneurship is a Skill, It Can be Learned – Aaron Bare – https://youtu.be/TfiO0iHb9SM
- Episode 9: Creativity While Deployed Leads to Launching Real American Heroes Coffee Co - https://youtu.be/2WC0aybo3vI
- Episode 10: James Lloyd, USMC and Phoenix Based Entrepreneur - https://youtu.be/Uwiu1BcWJP0
“The David Johnson Show” is a national voice that talks about points of interest in the American military and veteran subculture. Each show episode showcases a different guest with a different story. Sign up to get notified of new episodes at http://thedavidjohnsonshow.com and subscribe to our YouTube channel.